CBSE to conduct Class X Proficiency Test from Apr 20 onwards
The Central Board of Secondary Education (C.B.S.E.) has been conducting optional Proficiency Test for class-X students in all the five main subjects for the past few years. The performance in this test indicates levels of learning of students in respective subjects and provides feedback to schools for setting goals, priorities and targets in their future educational processes and practices. The response from schools has been encouraging as well as satisfying.
The key testing elements of this test include comparing, classifying, solving, translating, interpreting, analysing, synthesising, creating, justifying and evaluating.
Key Features of Proficiency Test
- It is optional in nature. Only those students who wish to take this test willingly may appear.
- It will be conducted in the month of April, 2015 as per the following schedule.
- It will be conducted in all the five main subjects studied by a student in class-X. However, a student may appear in one or more subjects depending upon his/her choice.
- There will be a separate test in every subject. One test will be held on a single day.
- It will be a paper-pen test to be administered on the same day across all willing schools in the country.
- Students wishing to appear in this test are required to pay separate registration fee. It is hoped that the school has submitted the related information and deposited the requisite registration fee for the same at the time of submission of class-X LOC. No fresh request in this regard will be accepted at the stage.
- Any student studying in secondary or senior secondary school affiliated to CBSE and appearing in March, 2015 final examination (School conducted or Board Conducted) is eligible to appear in this test.
- Every student appearing in the test will be issued a separate certificate by the Board indicating percentile rank.
Format of the Question Paper
- All questions will be of multiple choice type with only single correct answer. A student will be required to mark the answers on a given OMR sheet.
- Question paper in every subject will carry 100 marks.
- The duration of the test in every subject will be 2 and 1/2 hours.
- The test will be based on classes IX-X syllabus in the subject prescribed by CBSE.
- The questions included in the question paper will be of varying difficulty level.
- The typology of questions will be different from the type of questions asked in conventional final examination conducted by the Board at the end of Class-X. The test will not include any direct recall, information-based or memory -based questions. It will only include questions to assess students’ skills and abilities to apply understanding of concepts to analyse a given situation or an unfamiliar everyday life problem.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers. However, more than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked.
The following salient points for taking the tests may be taken note of:
- Only those students are allowed to take the proposed test (s) who have applied through the schools and paid requisite fee.
- A student will have to appear from the same city/place where his/her school is located. The examination will be conducted only at pre-decided centres as per Class-X Board examination.
- The timings of the test will be from 10.30 A.M. to 1.00 P.M. in every subject.
The above information may be brought to the notice of all concerned. For any further information in this regard, the schools may contact CTET Unit, CBSE at [email protected] or Consultant CBSE at [email protected]
As per circular no. Acad-08/2015