CBSE issued a revised Performance Profile design for class IX
The Board has amended its examination Bye-Laws to make it mandatory for students to appear in both the Summative Assessments and score a minimum of 25% marks in aggregate i.e. (SA I+SA II) in these assessments w. e. f. 2013-14.
The Board has also initiated Assessment of Speaking and Listening Skills (ASL) and Open Text Based Assessments (OTBA) from the academic session 2013-14 in class IX and class XI to focus on communicative aspects of language learning and problems based on higher order reasoning skills.
In the light of above initiatives, the Performance Profile for class IX for this year is slightly modified (enclosed with this circular). The following points are highlighted in this regard:
- There is no change in the criteria for working out the overall result i.e. marks obtained in both the SAs will be totalled and then converted into respective grade as per the existing scheme.
- The grades [email protected] or [email protected] will indicate that candidate has obtained less than 25% mandatory marks in Summative Assessments
- The grade scored in the Assessment of Speaking and Listening Skills (ASL) in English will be a part of Summative Assessments I and II (70+20) and will be reflected as an aggregate grade in the Performance Profile. A detailed notification in this regard has been issued to schools and is also available at the website www.cbseacademic.in.
- As Open Text Based Assessment (OTBA) will be a part of the Summative Assessment- II question paper, there will be no need for calculating grades in the subjects containing OTBA separately.
- The total marks of the question papers for the subjects having OTBA (English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science and Social Science) in the Summative Assessment II will be 100 and the timing will be 3-3^ hours. The overall marks obtained in these subjects will be multiplied by 0.3 to make it 30% which is the weighting for Summative Assessments II. For the subjects which do not have OTBA element, the question paper will be of 90 marks and the process for computing 30% weighting will remain the same as followed in the previous year i.e. division by 3 to make it 30%.
- The instruction regarding obtaining 25% mandatory marks in the Summative Assessments (both the SA I and SA II taken together), ASL, OTBA and skill based vocational subjects under National Vocational Education Qualification Framework (NVEQF) have been added in the Scheme of Studies given at the back of the Performance Profile.
- If mandatory 25% marks have NOT been obtained in the Summative assessments in a subject, Grade E1 or E2 will NOT be upgraded
The above information may be brought to the notice of all concerned teachers, students and parents. In case of any further query you may contact Shri Al Hilal Ahmed, Joint Director, at 23237780 or mail [email protected]
Download New Performance Profile Format: http://news.icbse.com/img/performance-profile-ix.pdf