Delhi University Admission Procedure Changed
Delhi University Admission 2011
How it will work for students
- No pre-admission forms — centralised or individual — are to be filled by a student. They have to wait for the university to first declare the cut-off list.
- After seeing the cut-off lists of different colleges, students can go to a college where they meets the cut-off and claim admission
- A student can take admission in the first list and if a better option comes up in the consequent lists, they can change the college. The colleges will refund the fee, like earlier.
How it will work for colleges
- Colleges will prepare cut-off lists on the basis of past experience and board results of class 12 students.
- This will be sent to the university, which will put it up for students.
- Colleges have to admit all students who match the cut-off published.
- Admission will not be on the basis of first come-first serve.
- Colleges are expected to come out with the first cut-off list by mid-June.
- The fifth list may come out between July 10 and July 15.
What has changed
- No more running around and long lines to buy and submit forms for students.
- Colleges can now declare 5 cut off lists as opposed to 4 earlier.
- Colleges will not be allowed to put riders like minimum marks in a subject as pre-requisite.
What remains same
- For colleges, the actual process of admission remains the same.
- Most have been declaring cut-offs on the basis of past experiences and will continue to do so.
- All students who meet the cut-off will get admission.
With the modification in the admission process of the Delhi University (DU), colleges — especially the more sought after ones — will declare higher first cut-offs this year. Under the new admission process, students will not fill pre-admission forms and will be able to take admission in any college where they meet the cut-off.
Expecting large turnout of eligible students in this scenario, colleges have decided to be cautious about cut-off percentages.
Most off-campus colleges will also follow this trend.
Colleges to get 15 extra days
Students applying to DU this year will get to know which college they have been admitted to, sooner. DU’s decision to do away with pre-admission forms will give colleges 15 more days to concentrate on admissions rather than form sales.
DU is expected to release the first cut-off list in the second week of June.
Tags: does du accept improvement marks, can i get admission in du after cbse improvement, are improvement student allowed to take admission in du, admission procedure in delhi university 2011, how to fill du admission form after improvement, admission procedure in du 2011, admission in du with improvement marks, can admission form of du can be modified after applying, yhsm-inucbr_001, Can i get admission in DU with 59% isc board for b a english