IGNITE 2015 (A Campaign to Harness Creativity & Innovation)
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) joins hands with the National Innovation Foundation-India (NIF) and Honey Bee Network in announcing IGNITE 15, the 9th National Competition for Children, to harness the creative and innovative talents of students.
Eligibility: Students up to class XII
IGNITE is an annual national competition to harness the creative and innovative spirit of school children. Students are invited to submit their original creative technological ideas and innovations for the competition.
- The ideas and innovations may solve any daily problem, be it household, of porters, labourers or the like. Real life technological projects demonstrating innovative ways of solving problems or reducing drudgery or generating efficiency or conserving resources (projects demonstrating application of known scientific concepts or theories will not be accepted)
- The projects can be done outside school hours and during vacations.
- Students may look out for other innovative machines/devices or themselves solve day to day problems using their creativity
- They may document and learn traditional knowledge practices from their elders in their family and neighbourhood. The purpose is to expose students to their rich traditional heritage, thereby facilitating its transfer from generation to generation.
- The maximum number of properly documented, duly attested entries of innovations or / and traditional knowledge submitted, will be awarded an appreciation certificate from the National Innovation Foundation-India. Each entry should be accompanied with a certificate from parents and teachers that the idea /innovation was developed and documented by the student/s concerned entirely on their own without any guidance or support for them.
- NIF will provide support for patenting and incubating innovative projects into products in all deserving cases. For the last few years, NIF has been able to file patents for each award winner of the IGNITE competitions apart from filing patents for each award winner of the IGNITE
- Each student, attested by the School Head as having ‘spotted’ and documented a particular innovation/traditional knowledge , will be credited as being the ‘Scout’ for that innovation/traditional knowledge .
Mode of submission: E-mail entries to : [email protected] online at: http://nif.org.in/submitidea.php OR mail them to (directly/through school) :
National Innovation Foundation -India Satellite Complex, Premchand Nagar Road, Vastrapur , Ahmedabad – 380015, Gujarat.
Note: Entries received after 31st August 2015 will be considered for IGNITE 2016
The awards will be announced on October 15, 2015 on the birthday of Honourable former President of India Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam, which is celebrated as Children’s Creativity and Innovation Day. The certificates will be awarded by Dr. Kalam at IIM – Ahmedabad. The date of the function will be announced later.
Queries may be addressed to:
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone nos. : +91-79-26732456 / 2095,
- Fax: +91-79-26731903 Toll Free No.: 1800 233 5555
The Board, therefore, directs all School heads to ensure wide publicity among all their students, teachers and parents, so as to motivate creative young minds to find solutions to our day-to-day problems.
Circular no. Acad-28/2015