IGNOU Institute of Professional Competency Advancement of Teachers
IGNOU Institute for Professional Competency Advancement of Teachers (IIPCAT) has been established by IGNOU with the objective of training teachers in ICT, emerging technologies and a range of other areas relevant to enhancement of research competencies. IIPCAT -Southern Regional Office is functioning at Regional Centre, Cochin.
One of the pioneering training initiatives of IIPCAT at Regional Centre, Cochin is a series of training programmes in “Digital Content Authoring Technology and Use of Open Educational Resources” for teachers at all levels to enable them to get acquainted with effective use of technology and e-resources for education.
- Acquaint the participants with research methodology in social sciences.
- Introduce the participants to systematic formulation of quantitative research designs.
- Familiarize the participants with the current techniques in research and enhance their ability to apply them.
- Enable participants to differentiate among the available statistical tools and apply them to a given research problem.
- Apprise participants about the basic requirements for systematic research reporting.
- Provide the participants with hands-on training in the use of data analysis software.
The training programme is intended for scholars who are: Teachers of Management, Commerce and Social Sciences; Research Scholars; Research Supervisors; Business Executives; Professional/freelance researchers; Market Analysts and students of postgraduate programme in Management / Social Sciences with a component of final project work. Basic knowledge of computers is desirable for the participants of the workshop.
Registration: Prior registration is necessary. Seats will be alloted on a ‘first come first served’ basis. The registration fee includes course fee, course materials, Evaluation CD of SPSS program, as well as lunch and tea at the training venue and other training expenses. Filled-in registration forms, along with the prescribed fee, by way of a demand draft in favour of IGNOU, payable at Emakulam, are to be submitted to the Regional Director, IGNOU Regional Centre on or before 23 June, 2010.
Duration of the Programme: Three days (from 26 June to 28 June 2010)
Training Fee: Rs. 3000/-
Venue: IGNOU Regional Centre, Kaloor, Kochi-17.
Timings: 9.30 am to 5.15 pm.
No of Participants: Maximum Thirty