All India Competition on Innovative Practices & Experiments in Education
“All India Competition on Innovative Practices and Experiments in Education for Schools and Teacher Education Institutions 2010-11”
National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has instituted a new scheme for promoting innovative practices in schools and teacher education institutions to improve their efficiency. In this regard, the NCERT invites project proposals from all recognised schools (Pre-Primary, Primary, Elementary, Secondary & Senior Secondary levels) and teacher education institutions for undertaking innovative studies on any problem related to teaching-learning, training, organizational climate, community participation, management of learning resources, etc.
Schools and institutions willing to participate in the competition shall submit the project proposal to the Principal, Regional Institute of Education (RIE) of the concerned region latest by 31st July 2010.
The Project proposals received will be screened first at the regional level by the respective RIEs. The short listed proposals will be evaluated at the national level. The schools and institutions, whose proposals are selected, will be required to implement their proposals and submit their project reports to the Head, Department of Teacher Education and Extension (DTEE), NCERT, forfinal evaluation. Two members from each of the project teams will be invited to present their reports in a national seminar. The final selection for awarding 30 cash prizes (20 for schools and 10 for teacher education institutions) of Rs. 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty thousand only) each, will be based on the combined assessments of their project reports and its presentation in the national Seminar. The number of awards will be equally distributed among the five regions as per the jurisdiction of the five Regional Institutes of Education located at Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Mysore and Shillong.
Information Bulletin containing all the details of the competition can be obtained free of cost from any of the following addresses.
(1) Head, Department of Teacher Education & Extension (DTEE), National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT), Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi-110016
(2) Principal, Regional Institute of Education (RIE), Capt. D.P. Choudhary Marg, Ajmer-305004, Rajasthan
(3) Principal, Regional Institute of Education (RIE), Shyamala Hills, Bhopal – 462013, Madhya Pradesh
(4) Principal, Regional Institute of Education (RIE), Mansa Gangotri Marg, Mysore – 570006, Karnatka
(5) Principal, Regional Institute of Education (RIE), Sachivalaya Marg, Bhubaneshwar-751022, Orissa
(6) Principal, North East Regional Institute of Education (NERIE), Nongrim Hills (Near Bethanis Hospital), Shillong- 793003, Meghalaya
(7) State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) or State Institute of Education (SIE) in yourown state.
Eligibility for Participation
The following categories of recognised schools/teacher-education institutions are eligible to participate in the competition:
- Any ECCE (pre-primary), primary, elementary, secondary and senior secondary school recognised by State Board/ CBSE/ or any other recognised Board.
- Recognised Special Education Schools.
Teacher Education Institutions (TEIs)
- Teacher Education Institutions at ECCE/Primary/ Elementary level offering Teacher Education Programmes.
- All Colleges of Education such as CTEs, IASEs and university Departments of Education offering B.Ed. programmes.
- State Councils of Educational Research and Training (SCERTs) and State Institutes of Education (SIEs) offering teacher education programmes.