Indira Priyadarshini Vriksha Mitra (IPVM) Award 2010
INDIRA PRIYADARSHINI VRIKSHA MITRA (IPVM) AWARDS 2010
Nominations are invited for Indira Priyadarshini Vriksha Mitra (IPVM) Awards tor the year 2010 from individuals and institutions who have done pioneering and exemplary works in the field of afforestation and wasteland development.
The Key features are:-a) Award of Rs. 2,50,000/- (Two lakhs fifty thousands only) in cash alongwith medallions and citations will be given to persons/institutions in four categories (see proforma). Nominations for the works in the field of afforestation and wasteland development will be considered and assessed on the basis of criteria like replicability, innovativeness/ creativity, setting up of grass root level organizations, soil and moisture conservation work and other related activities, targets groups like women/weaker sections of society, people in accessible/ remote areas, work being done over and above the call of duty/involving personal courage, tangible impact in relation to resources mobilized, educative and awareness creating values etc.
The nominations from Government Servants, Institutions / Organizations under Government should be sponsored by the concerned State Governments/ Government Agencies and should be forwarded by the Head of the Department/ Institution/Organization with his/her comments and sent to the Principal Chief Conservator of Forest of the concerned State for overall assessment.
The nominations of Joint Forest Management Committees, Non-govemment Institutions/ Organizations/ Individuals should be sponsored by the concerned State Governments/ Government Agencies/ Registered NGOs and should be sent to the Principal Chief Conservator of Forest of the concerned State for overall assessment. An awardee of IPVM award in the immediately preceding three years will not be eligible.
An applicant may receive a maximum of three IPVM awards altogether in any of the categories taken together with a minimum cooling off period of three years between the two awards. Nominee’s work for a period of last three years ending 31s‘ December of the preceding year will be considered for this award. Nominations with predominance of horticulture species will be regarded as eligible since horticulture species have a definite commercial slant.
In case of Corporate Sector, the extent of mandatory plantation to be done by the applicants under compensatory afforestation or under the provision of the Environment Protection Act shall be separately ascertained and excluded from the area of plantation for consideration of award. Tree planting undertaken purely on commercial basis by applicant including Corporate Sector will not be regarded as eligible for consideration for the award. The tree planting activity should clearly reflect the social responsibility of the applicant including that of the Corporate Sector, i) Special recognition will be given to applicants who bring area with fly ash under the plantation, Applications under the following conditions will be rendered ineligible:
a. Nomination not forwarded/ sponsored as prescribed in para(c) above will not be considered.
b. Nominations not received in prescribed proforma/incomplete in any respect and/or received after the last date will not be considered.
c. Applicants found to be suppressing information or giving false and misleading information would be disqualified for grant of IPVM or any other award of the Ministry.
Proforma for Nomination can be downloaded from the Ministry’s website www.envfor.nic.in or obtained from the Reception Desk of the Ministry at Paryavaran Bhawan or from the Regional Centres of the Ministry (addresses of Regional Centres are given at the end of the Proforma). Nominations, only In hard copy, can be sent by post to the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests of the concerned State/UT, duly sponsored and with the comments of the Head of Department/ Institutions/ Organisations (in the case of Government Servants, Institutions/ Organisations under Government) so as to reach him on or before 12* April 2010. The Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, in turn, may forward the same with overall assessment to the Deputy Secretary (NAEB), Ministry of Environment and Forests, 5th Floor, Room No. 552, Paryavaran Bhawan, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110 510, on or before 12” May 2010. The address list of the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests is available in the Ministry’s website at www.envfor.nic.in
PROFORMA FOR NOMINATION
The year for which nomination is made – 2010.
Category of Award for which applied: (V mark the Category).
I. Individual including Government Servant.
- Institution/Organisation under Government.
III. Joint Forest Management Committee.
IV.Non-Government Institution/ Organisation. Name of Nominee (in capital letters):
4. Full address with Tel. No.:
- Name & Address of Sponsorer with Telephone No.: (ensure filling of column 12)
- Work details:
|Ownership of Land where works are undertaken|
6.1 Location of the Work/Project:
6.2 Nature/extent of work done (describe in about one hundred words, and also fill up the table given below):
|Area in Hectares|
Area Description: whether area with fly ash/difficult area/ waste land/rocky/marshy
For 2010 Award
|NURSERIES & PLANTATIONS||2007||2008||2009||Total|
|Number of Nurseries established. Seedling raised therein. Number of seedlings distributed to the people.
Area of plantation raised (in hectares).
And number of seedlings planted.
6.3.2 Replicability (whether the works repeated at other locations with success).
6.3.3 Soil and moisture conservation works and other related activities.
6.3.4 Species-diversity of plantations (names of species, number of trees and extent of area planted species-wise should be clearly mentioned).
6.3.5 Setting up of grass-root level organizations (like Tree-Growers’ Cooperative, Self-Help Groups).
6.3.6 Involvement of local communities.
6.3.7 Extension and awareness raising.
6.3.8 Reclamation of waste lands.
6.4 Extent of resources mobilized, cost effectiveness and impact vis-a-vis resources mobilized.
6.5 Survival percentage of the plantation works.
7. Details of contribution of funds for the works mentioned in column 5 above:
For 2010 Award
|Period||Sources of Fund|
|Self-Contribution Amount in Rupees||Donation Amount
|External Source Amount
- Number of beneficiaries indicating their categories viz. Women
Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe Small and Marginal Farmers Landless Labourers Others
- Publications / write-ups by nominee / photographs etc. relating to works described above (enclose a brief):
10. a) Any award secured in the past for same or similar achievements), b) Whether received any IPVM award in any category, if so, details thereof in
terms of category in which received and the year for which conferred.
11. Other achievements (if any) and pioneering/ innovative features of the work done by the nominee beyond the call of duty.
Verified that all statements made above are true to the best of my knowledge and have been made in the clear understanding of their being true.
(Signature with full name of the Nominee)
- Recommendations of the Sponsoring Authority (with reference to the
pioneering and innovative work of the nominees-
(Signature of Sponsoring Authority) Name, Designation and Address
- Comments of the Head of Department/ Institution/ Organization
(Applicable in case of Government Servant, Institution/ Organization
(Signature of the Head of Dept/lnstitution/Organization Dept.)
Name, Designation and Address
15. Overall comments of the PCCF including specific observations regarding following aspects, viz., Physical Achievement of Plantations, Survival Percentage of Plantations, Extent of Mobilizations of the People and Awareness & Educative value.
(Signature of the PCCF)
Regional Centres of the N.A.E.B., Ministry of Environment & Forests:
- University of Agricultural Sciences, GKVK Campus (PB No. 2477), Bangalore-560 065 (Tel – 080 3334210).
- Dr. Y.S. Parmar, University of Horticulture & Forestry, Nauni, Solan – 173230, Himachal Pradesh (Tel – 01792 – 252487).
- Agricultural Finance Corporation Limited, Northern Regional Office, B-9, Community Centre, Janak Puri, New Delhi-110058 (Tel – 011-25550810).
- Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM), Nehru Nagar, PO Box 357, Bhopal-462003 (Tel – 075-2565125).
- Agriculture Finance Corporation Limited, Dhanraj Mahal, 1″ Floor, C.S.M. Marg, Mumbai-400001 (Tel – 022 22028924).
- North Eastern Hill University, Shillong-793014 (Tel – 0364-231626,231919).
- Jadavpur University, PO Box 17026, Kolkata-700032 gel – 033 24146979).
6.3 Items of work (please give details of work under each category). 6.3.1 Nursery and plantations.
National Afforestation & Eco-Development Board Ministry of Environment & Forests