Initiatives taken for students welfare at DTU
In an endeavour to settle the genuine demands of the students welfare and to create a congenial academic environment at Delhi Technological University (DTU), formerly Delhi College of Engineering, the University authorities have agreed to meet the following demands of the students:-
1) The timings to use the facilities at library and computer centre, for boys and girls have been extended upto 11 pm and 10 pm respectively.
2) The entry time for girls within the University campus has been extended upto 9 pm from the existing 8.30 pm.
3) The Training and Placement Office will be further strengthened with required staff if recruitments continue late in the evenings.
4) All Head of Departments (HoDs) who have completed 2/3 years are to be changed through rotation.
5) Other demands of students including increase of facilities for girls in mess, common room and reading rooms in hostels and regular pest control are to be settled through a Committee under Dean, Students Welfare, DTU and with the Chairman, Cultural Council, DTU and student representatives Sh. Ashish Gupta and Sh. Shashi Kant as members.
The Board of Management of DTU also met today and has constituted a Search Committee under the Chairmanship of Mr. Kiran Karnik, Former Chairman, Nasscom to suggest a panel of names for the post of Pro Vice-Chancellor of DTU.