Strategic Management & Leadership for Principals of CBSE Schools
Strategic Management & Leadership
As you may be aware, CBSE has been conducting training programmes for principals in ‘Strategic Management & Leadership’ in collaboration with the Indian Institutes of Management and NUEPA, New Delhi. The overwhelming response from the Principals of affiliated schools has made the Board explore other avenues for providing training to Heads of Institutions since the intake for these courses is hugely oversubscribed.
Hence, the CBSE approached Management Development Institute, Gurgaon for strategic collaboration to provide empowerment to Principals of Senior Secondary Schools affiliated to CBSE. The Board is pleased to state that the Management Development Institute, Gurgaon has confirmed four programmes on its campus with the following objectives:-
- Contextualising the initiatives and flagship programmes of CBSE such as Comprehensive Schools Health Programmes, Life Skills Programmes, Adolescent Education Programmes and Introduction of CCE as well as other alternative modes of assessment in the programme
- Introducing and managing change within the school system in the context of school reforms initiated by CBSE such as replacing marks with grades, Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) different mode of assessment – formative & summative assessment, incorporating multiple intelligence conceptual framework for assessment and innovative ways of transaction
- Developing systemic strategies and processes for managing key functional areas in schools, such as financial management and resource mobilization, management of human resources and interpersonal relations and resolution of conflicts
- Identifying and implementing suitable systems of appraisal and evaluation of feedback for teachers and staff
- Place of value systems and culture in the present educational system: identifying options and evolving choices
- Achieving personal growth (intellectual, emotional and social) and organisational development
- Role of technology in management of schools
The fee for the six day training programme will be Rs. 25,000/- per participant which will include the training fee, boarding and lodging of the participants at the venue and reading materials. This is a fully residential and intensive course and therefore requires commitment to learn. The participants will be expected to stay on campus and participate in pre-dinner sessions also.
Registration Form: http://www.cbse.nic.in/circulars/cir34-2010.pdf
The schedule of these training programmes is as follows:
- 1. Program-2 (P-2): October 25-28, 2010
- 2. Program-4 (P-4): January 17-20, 2011
Preference will be given to those who have never attended any IIM programme earlier; are active partners of various initiatives of the Board (hosting workshops, seminars etc.); are members of a Sahodaya cluster; and contribute regularly to the CENBOSEC, the quarterly journal of CBSE.
Principals who are interested in participating in this training programme are requested to complete the enclosed Registration Form and send it to the following address:-
Dr. Sadhana Parashar, Head (Innovation & Research), Central Board of Secondary Education, ‘Shiksha Sadan’, 17, Rouse Avenue, Institutional Area, Delhi- 110 002
The Registration Form can also be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Only those Senior Secondary Schools Principals who have not attended the programme at any of the IIM’s earlier will be considered for this programme.
> The Registration Form SHOULD NOT BE accompanied by demand draft for the fee at this stage.
> The last date for receiving the Registration Form is AUGUST 31, 2010
> Details of mode of payment of fee, reporting time etc. will be conveyed to the selected participants later.
Tags: school principals as strategic leaders, strategic management & leadership for principals of cbse, 2013 training for principals in Gulf CBSE schools, school management program icbse, strategic analysis prepared by school principal, strategic leadership of school principals, strategic leadership seminar for principals, strategic management, Strategic Management & Leadership for Principals, strategic management in school leadership article