TeacherSITY Organising a Teachers’ National Conference in Delhi
TeacherSITY in partnership with NCERT, Central Board of Secondary Education, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, [NVS] and Kendriya Vidyalaya Samiti [KVS] is organizing a Teachers’ Conference, the first of its kind, where teachers would together with academic researchers and administrator would discuss, debate and resolve their classroom personal and professional challenges.
The conference is scheduled for 13th November 2010 in the National Council of Educational Research and Training, [NCERT] premises located on the Aurobindo Marg, Adchini, [near IIT Delhi] New Delhi.
While a good number would attend as delegates, those wishing to present papers based on their own classroom experiences or based on their research are welcome to register as ‘presenters’.
Teacher wishing to present paper in any of the relevant parallel sessions, where the sub- theme would be taken up for discussion may request for and shall receive expert mentoring and supervision to ensure that their papers are in sync with the letter and spirit of the conference. This would ensure that all participants, presenters or delegates receive maximum value from attending the conference.
You are hereby requested to nominate and encourage teachers from your school to present papers and participate in the Teachers’ Conference 2010. You are advised to nominate at least one teacher from your school to either present a paper or participate as a delegate. Kindly provide your teachers desirous of attending the conference, the necessary support to participate in this conference.
Who Can Participate: The conference is open for all the school teachers in India teaching any class or grade. They can participate as delegates or presenters. While the delegates may actively participate in parallel sessions, the presenters would read and present their papers, which would form the basis of deliberations in these sessions.
Registration: Teachers can either register online or download the registration form and submit it duly filled.
Please follow any of links below to download forms. http://www.ncert.nic. in/html/teacheredu.htm or http://www.teachersity.org/conf-teacher.php or http://www.cbse.nic.in
Registering Teachers would be informed through email further details of the conference. Hence it is important that all registered teachers provide their personal email ids for communication.
Accommodation: Teachers selected to present a paper would be provided accommodation at NCERT guesthouse for two nights. Other participating delegates are requested to make their own arrangements for transport and stay.
Selection Process of The Presenters: The teachers applying for presenting a paper would write a brief note on the chosen theme in the space provided in the registration form. The write up would be evaluated by designated mentors and the selected presenters would be informed accordingly. The Teachers selected for paper-presentation would be allotted a mentor who would guide the presenter in writing the research paper. Other teachers not presenting a paper may participate as delegates.
A helpline at telephone no. 91-11-47342000 and 91 11 47342073 would be available to participating teachers from 10th of November until the conclusion of the conference on the 13 th November 2010.
1. Curriculum and Content – Textbooks and beyond
2. Innovative pedagogy – practices and outcomes. The Way Forward?
3. Teacher and Pupil – Changing times – dynamic relationships, Impact on Learning?
4. Purpose and Practice of Teaching
5. Scholastic and Co-scholastic, Education beyond Academics?
6. Information & Communication Technology – ICT – object or tool of learning?
7. ICT embedded pedagogy – challenges and solutions?
8. CCE– The Challenges & Possibilities
9. Teacher Education – Pre-Service & In-Service professional development – need and opportunities?
10. Personal & Professional Development – aspirations and challenges?
- Last Date for Registration: 25th October 2010
- Last Date for Submission of Abstract: 30th October 2010
- Last Date for Submission of the Paper: 10th November 2010
- Venue: NCERT, Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi -110016
- Contacts for Queries: [email protected] .org Phone: 91-11-47342000, 47342073
- GATE 2011 Answer Key
- GATE 2011 Eligibility
- GATE 2011 Exam Date
- GATE 2011 Exam Pattern
- GATE 2011 Notification
- GATE 2011 Online Application
- GATE 2011 Preparation
- GATE 2011 Results
- GATE 2011 Score Card
- GATE 2011 Solutions
- GATE 2011 Syllabus